Where to eat on the rock with small kids?

Where to eat on the rock with small kids?


The question that anyone with kids at sometimes faces, 'Where shall we go to eat?'. On the whole I am a foodie, love trying new things. However, when one has kids, you really need to rethink where to go. Firstly I feel really guilty taking kids to a restaurant, especially at night.  My mentality is that people are there to relax and the last thing they feel like are kids.

Secondly, kids get bored...so when we do have to go out to eat for someone's birthday or a special event, mummy mode steps in and I go through a list of things a restaurant should have to ensure my son is comfortable and I won't bother people.

This includes space to keep the buggy and place where I can maneuver with a buggy. Space/kiddy room/pjazzas are a must, so if sitting outside he can run around and not bother people. Last but not least, good food.  Sometimes I feel like something more than pizza and pasta. Usually most family restaurants are very accommodating, however, when you want something different, the question of where to go comes up.

A general rule is I  try to avoid evenings as much as I can! If I can't find babysitting and it's an important event, I go as prepared as I can.

The following recommendations are based on venues I have visited during Lunch time.

So where to go with kids, to a place that has good food and you and your kid will feel comfortable and welcome when in Malta.

Here are my top 5 recommendations

5. Ta Carolina- Gozo
One of my top recommendations in Gozo. The food great and staff are ultra nice! I love this place and always visit it when I go to Gozo. I recommend this place in summer, as kids can swim in the tiny beach and there is also some place for them to move if you book a table outside and they can play in the small inlets. great food, attentive staff, fantastic prices and entertainment area outside for kids!

4.Margaret Island and bistro- Sliema
I visited this place recently and was pleasantly surprised. The food was really good and they are really equipped for kids. They set up a kids area towards the back of the restaurant, with toys and entertainment for kids. My son was really entertained, so we could sit down for a wee bit and enjoy our meal.


3. The Cliffs - Dingli
After a lovely long walk, this is one of my favorite places to go too. The food is really good and the staff is ever so helpful. There is the place where you can walk in with a buggy and feel comfortable. If sitting outside there is also someplace where younger kids can move without being a nuisance to others. I generally ask them for the corner table so I won't be in people's way. I do love the ambiance and view from this place!

2. Two Buoys- St Julians
Basking under the sun, and sea a stone's throw away


I recently visited this place and I can't recommend it enough! The food is really good, the ambiance is gorgeous and they really made my son feel comfortable. When we sat down, they brought my son an easel, colours, and paper. He must have felt he was a Picasso, as he was entertained for ages. There is also a small pjazza near the restaurant, so when he got bored and wanted to move around, he did so without annoying anyone. It was lovely being able to enjoy lunch in the sun without feeling pressured.

1. Baia Beach Club- Armier
Armier - a place with a gorgeous view as a backdrop to a tasty lunch.

The beach is definitely a welcomed distraction 

I adore this place! The views, the ambiance, the food and the management, They have always been so welcoming, helpful and understanding. They have child appropriate cutlery and crockery which is fantastic. They are always so helpful and have been accommodating when we turned up with 8 children. They set the plates for them in different colours and were very understanding. They served the kids food first and we didn't even have to ask. They really know how to make you feel comfortable and it's why it is one of my favorite restaurants, especially at this time of the year. The views, food, and beach also add to this being one of my top recommendations.



The recommendations in this post are purely my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where has time gone?

Travelling with toddlers- The ultimate survival guide