Where has time gone?

Where has time gone?

Ok seriously, where has time gone? In two weeks my little one will be celebrating his 1st birthday. OMG...1 Year old, I can't believe it!

What a rollercoaster of a year this has been. As a first time mum, no one can prepare you for the journey, the experience and everything that motherhood brings with it.

When i was pregnant, I think, like most mums, I kind of lived in Lala land. Where in my mind nothing was going to change. Where life would just carry on as is. Where it was all about the perfect nursery and the cute clothes hanging perfectly in the wardrobe. Where all the baby things where immaculate and cute . Go forward one year... what a difference....So starting with my perfectly organised house, right now my ornaments are replaced with toys, my tv is constantly on baby tv or a music channel, my youtube recommended vidoes is full of sesame street, jarmies and the wiggles and my house is one unorganised child haven. I Wont have it any other way to be honest.

So this night my little one would not sleep and thought it was funny to crawl around at 9pm (When he usually sleeps at 730) and join in the fun. I had one of my BFFS over, a glass of vino and some cheese. He just wanted to join in, show off his latest dance moves to the Hot Potato song by the wiggles, show us how he can get up and down from the sofa. It actually was really funny and cute and although i know i should have insisted that he went to bed, i enjoyed it!

This year has been filled with so many learning curves and fun experiences. I want to remember everything, i want to be able to record everything and keep track but it all happens so fast its impossible. One minute he is a little helpless baby just looking at you and now he's a little toddler with so much energy i'm envious! I wish i can just pause everything and savour every moment.

So next big event is preparing his 1st birthday - so excited about it! I doubt he will remember it, actually he won't , but just want it to be perfect for him , after all someone who brings so much love and laughter into your life , deserves the best, doesn't he?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to eat on the rock with small kids?

New to the blog world