Ramblings of appreciation



One of my favourite poems is by William Henry Davies, leisure. I am not one for poetry, but I remember studying this when at school and it really remained with me. 

What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.
No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.
No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.
A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

I was thinking the other day, that it is so true, what is this life if full of care, we have no time to stand and stare. No time to  think and reflect on our day, lives and loved ones.  No time to show appreciation. No time to enjoy the small things in life.

We really need to stop and do that ! Stop, slow down and appreciate what is around us. Take a minute and take in the sounds, smells and feelings. In my case also take the time to become more grateful for and appreciative to all the people that make our lives so special. So this blog is more about thanking the special people in my life.


To my soul mate who is my backbone, my strength, my love and my everything. Thank you for being so amazing. Thank you for being such a fantastic, loving and patient father. Thank you for being my very own prince charming.

To my son, thank you for giving me this amazing light and love. For allowing me to see life and adventure in the everyday. For making every minute I spend with you special. For making my life complete. For showing me what true unconditional love really is.

For my family. Thank you for being so extraordinary, so strong and inspiring. So loving and caring. So unique, exciting and fun.

My friends. Thank you for always being there with a bottle of vino in one hand and cheese in the other. For rescuing disastrous cakes, giving advice no one wants to say and being there through thick and thin. For going on random adventures that you don't particularly like and doing things you don't want. For going our of your way and always being there. Little rocks of support:)

Take the time today to take note of the special people around you and let them know how appreciative you really are. How important they are to you. 

Thats all for now


Tasha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where has time gone?

Where to eat on the rock with small kids?

New to the blog world